Last update: June, 2023
AI-VMD alarm configuration on Milestone XProtect
AI-VMD has the following types of detection.
In this example, we will use "Intruder Human" to explain the procedure.
<Setup using "i-PRO Configuration Tool for Milestone">
1. Register the camera to the VMS.
2. Click the [i-PRO Settings] under [MIP plug-ins] - [i-PRO Configuration Tool for Milestone].
3. Click the [Log in] button.
*For Windows authentication (current user), you can log in without entering Username/Password.
4. Select the target device and enter the [Username] and [Password] to access the device.
5. Click the [Start] button.
6. Click gear icon to open camera setup.
7. Detection area setting
Select [Ext. software] - [Application] - [AI-VMD].
Specify the area, set the [Detection object] / [Detection mode], and click the [Set] button.
Each detection area is assigned an area ID based on the color of the [Area Setup].
The area ID is used as the value for [Motion Window] in Step 3 of the <Alarm Setup in Xprotect Management Client>.
8. Detailed setting
Select the [Detail setting] and configure the necessary settings.
*If you want to display the details (object type) when receiving alarm notifications on the VMS side, set [Additional information(Detection object)] to "With information of the detected object(Alarm frame)".
Click the [Set] button after completing the settings.
9. Schedule settings
Select [Ext. software] - [Operation sched.].
Select "AI Video Motion Detection (AI-VMD)" in the [Extension software] and set the schedule to enable detection.
10. Alarm notification settings
Select [Notification] - [TCP alarm protocol notification].
Confirm that [TCP alarm protocol notification] is "On", [Notify the detection area number of the motion detection alarm with a unique alarm] is checked and [Destination server address] of [Destination of notification] is set.
This setting is automatically configured when you set an event in Milestone.
Also, the "Destination Port" is assigned a port number by Milestone.
11. Time synchronization
Ensure that the time is synchronized between the camera and Milestone.
Select [Standard] - [Basic] - [Time & data/NTP].
Turn on the "Set the specified time to the camera" radio button to enable "Set PC time to the camera", and click the [Set] button.
<Alarm setup in Xprotect Management Client>
1. Select the target camera device in [Servers] - [Recording Servers] and click [Events].
2. Click the [Add...] button, select an event on the [Select Driver Event] screen, and click the [OK] button.
In Step 10 of the <Setup using "i-PRO Configuration Tool for Milestone">, if [Notify the detection area number of the motion detection alarm with a unique alarm] is not checked, select an event with "(no area ID)" label attached to it.
3. Set the area ID that was added in Step 7 of the <Setup using "i-PRO Configuration Tool for Milestone"> in the [Motion Window] of the added event.
After confirming the addition, save it by clicking [Save] at the top left of the screen.
4. Click on [Rules and Events] - [Rules] in the [Site Navigation] area.
Then right click on [Rules] in the [Rules] area and select [Add Rule...].
5. The [Manage Rule] screen will appear. Enter a [Name:] and select "Perform an action on <event>" in [Select the rule type you want to create].
Click "event" in [Edit the rule description].
6. The [Select an Event] screen will appear. Select [Devices] - [Configurable Events] - [Intruder Human] and click the [OK] button.
7. Click "device / recording server / management server", and the [Select devices and groups] screen will appear.
8. Click the [Next] button.
9. Click the [Next] button.
10. Select "Make new <log entry>" from [Select action to perform].
Left-click on "log entry" in [Edit the rule description].
11. The [Select a Log Entry] screen will appear. Select "Rule name" and click the [OK] button.
12. Click the [Next] button.
13. Click the [Finish] button.
14. Click on [Alarm] - [Alarm Definitions] in the [Site Navigation] area.
Then right click on [Alarm Definitions] in the [Alarm Definitions] area and select [Add Rule...].
15. After configuring the settings, save them with [Save] at the top left of the screen.
Enable：Check the checkbox
Name：Enter the user defined name
Triggering event:(1st row)："Device event"
Triggering event:(2nd row)："Intruder Human"
This setting is shown in the "Message" column of the [Alarm Manager] screen in the [XProtect Smart Client].
Sources："All Cameras" or "Select target camera"
<Confirmation of AI-VMD alarm reception in XProtect Smart Client>
1. Start the [XProtect Smart Client] and click the [Connect] button.