iPhone / iPad
Outline of the application
|About the application|
|Application name||Panasonic Security Viewer version 6.1.0|
|OS||iOS 11.0 or later|
|How to get the application||Download from the App Store.|
|Release month||July, 2021|
|Operation check iOS devices||iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone8, iPhone X, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro 12.9inch, iPhone11, iPad Air, iPhone 12 mini|
Download the application from here
|About the application|
|Where can we download the application?||
You can download it from the App Store. Click here.
|What kind of Panasonic recorders does this application support?||In the latest version of this application, the following Panasonic recorders are supported.
- WJ-NV200 (Version 1.50 or later)
- WJ-NV300 (Version 1.03 or later)
- WJ-ND400 (Version 3.40 or later)
- WJ-HD616K/HD716K (Version 2.6 or later)
- WJ-NX400 (Version 1.02 or later)
- WJ-NX300 (Version 1.00 or later)
- WJ-NX200 (Version 1.02 or later)
|What types of cameras are available to view the images on the application?||
When you view Live and video from the cameras via the recorder, only Panasonic H.264/H.265 cameras compatible with the recorder are available. Refer to Supported Camera List
|Can we use the application on an Android™ smartphone?||
We also offer the application for an Android™ smartphone.
|What are the compatible versions for iOS?||They are iOS 11.0 or later.|
|What are the compatible smartphone models?||The operations have already been checked for the following models.
iPhone5s, iPhone6, iPhone6 Plus, iPhone6s, iPad Air, iPhone X, iPad Retina(4th), iPad Pro 9.7, iPhoneXS Max, iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone11
|How much is the fee to use the application?||You can download and use the application for free.
However, you have to pay for the communication fee.
The packet communication fee may become expensive since video images are downloaded when using an iOS device for the communication. Be aware of the contract with your cell-phone service provider.
In addition, when using the iOS device, the communication speed may be limited depending on the packet amount. Refer to your cell-phone service provider for details.
|How can we check image and video stored by pressing the "Save" button?||Image and video will be displayed by starting up the image viewer application "Photos" and selecting "Camera Roll".|
|Can we use the MJPEG or MPEG-4 image when storing the images on the recorder?||MJPEG or MPEG-4 images are not supported.
Can playback H.264 or H.265 image by the following Panasonic recorders.
Can playback only H.264 image of the transmission mode.
You can select H.264/H.265 images of the transmission mode.
- Playback Setting Mode is Normal or Low Load.
Can playback H.264/ H.265 image.
- Playback Setting Mode is Mobile.
Can playback H.264/ H.265 image.
|Can we access to live one camera of the recorder from two or more iOS devices simultaneously?||iOS device numbers of simultaneous access differ depending on the following Panasonic recorder.
- WJ-NV200/WJ-NV300/WJ-ND400/WJ-HD616/HD716 → 1 device
- WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200 → Max. 13 devices *1: When accessing beyond the maximum number of terminals, the image will not be displayed on the terminal that accessed for the first time.
- If "Live connection setting" of this application is "via recorder" (default), you cannot display to live from multiple Terminals. If you want to live simultaneously from multiple terminals, please set "Live connection setting" of this application to "Direct Camera Access" *1: This setting is available only in the local network environment using Wi-Fi.
- When "Live connection setting" of this application is "via recorder" (default), you can display to lived simultaneously from multiple devices to the same camera (Max, 13 devices).
|Can we access to playback one camera of the recorder from two or more iOS devices simultaneously?||iOS device numbers of simultaneous access differ depending on the following Panasonic recorder. Playback Setting Mode is “Normal” or “Low Load”
- WJ-NV200 → Max. 4 devices - WJ-NV300 → Max. 8 devices
- WJ-ND400 → Max. 16 devices
- WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200 → Max. 16 devices - WJ-HD616/HD716 → Max. 8 devices *1: When accessing beyond the maximum number of terminals, the image will not be displayed on the terminal that accessed for the first time. Playback Setting Mode is “Mobile”
- WJ-NV300 → 1 device - WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200 → Max. 2 devices *1: When accessing beyond the maximum number of terminals, “You cannot connect since other user have already connected. Please select other playback mode (Normal/Low Load).” is displayed and mobile playback cannot be started.
|What is the difference between "Through Recorder" and "Camera Directly" for "Camera Live Setting"?||Either of these settings is applied depending on the installation or operation environment. "Through Recorder" is the setting to view the live images from cameras via the Internet. Normally, this setting will be applied. "Camera Directly" is the setting to be applied in a local wireless LAN (in which the terminal, the recorder and the cameras are on the same subnet).|
|Will the data communication be activated when the application runs in the background?||When the application runs in the background, the data communication will not be activated.|
|Support Sound Feature?||Live audio(G.726/ACC-LC) can be output. It does not support audio playback when playing back recorded video.|
|Can we change the image quality?||If you use WJ-NV300/WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200, you can change the image quality by using mobile playing feature. Tap the " " button.|
|"You cannot use mobile playback since iOS device performance is not enough. Please select the lower bitrates." is displayed. What should we do?||If you set high bit rates (1024/2048kbps) in "Playback Setting - Mobile", luck of computing power may occur in some smartphones. In this case, set low bit rates (768/512/256kbps) in "Playback Setting - Mobile".|
|Cannot be played back by using Mobile mode when the resolution of the camera is set to QXVGA (2048x1536). What should we do?||Please open “Advanced setting tab on WJ-NV300 Setting Screen (Web setting or Direct Setting) (“Setup” → "Monitor" → "Advanced setting” tab →"Other settings" ) Please check “Enables re-recording transmission of data higher resolution than QXVGA(2048x1536) and save.|
|Can we play back the recorded images on SD card of Network Camera?||You can play back the recorded images on SD card of following cameras.
(A)Firmware Ver. 1.64 or later WV-SW598(A), WV-SW397(A/B) , WV-SC588(A), WV-SC387(A), WV-SW458(M/MA), WV-SF448(E), WV-SF438, WV-SW158, WV-SF138, WV-SW559, WV-SW558, WV-SF549, WV-SF548, WV-SF539, WV-SF538, WV-SP509, WV-SP508
(B) Firmware Ver. 2.00 or later WV-SW395(A), WV-SC385, WV-SC384, WV-SW155(M/MA), WV-SW152(M), WV-SF135, WV-SW115, WV-SW175, WV-SW172, WV-ST165, WV-ST162, WV-SW396(A), WV-SC386, WV-SW355, WV-SW352, WV-SF346 , WV-SF342, WV-SF336, WV-SF335, WV-SF332, WV-SW316(L), WV-SW314, WV-SP306, WV-SP305, WV-SP302, WV-NP502, WV-NW502S
(C) Firmware Ver. 1.84 or later WV-SFV631(LT/L), WV-SFV611L, WV-SFR631L, WV-SFR611L, WV-SFN631L, WV-SFN611L, WV-SPW631(LT/L), WV-SPW611(L), WV-SPN631, WV-SPN611, WV-SFV531, WV-SFR531, WV-SFN531, WV-SPW531AL, WV-SPW532L, WV-SPN531(A), WV-SFV311(A), WV-SFV310(A), WV-SFR311(A), WV-SFR310(A), WV-SFN311(A/L), WV-SFN310(A), WV-SPN311(A), WV-SPN310(A), WV-SPW311AL, WV-SPW312L, WV-SFV130(M), WV-SFV110(M), WV-SFN130, WV-SFN110, WV-SBV131M, WV-SBV111M
(D) Firmware Ver. 1.07 or later WV-SFV481, WV-SFN480, WV-SFV781L, WV-SPV781L
(E) Firmware Ver. 1.20 or later WV-S2531(LTN/LN), WV-S2511LN, WV-S2231L, WV-S2211L, WV-S2231L, WV-S2131(L), WV-S2111L, WV-S1531(LTN/LN/LNS), WV-S1511LN, WV-S1132, WV-S1131, WV-S1112, WV-S1111, WV-X6531(N/NS), WV-X6511N, WV-S6530N, WV-S6131, WV-S6111, WV-S6130, WV-S3532LM, WV-S3531L, WV-S3512LM, WV-S3511L, WV-S3131L, WV-S3111L
(F) Firmware Ver. 1.00 or later WVS4550(L/LM), WV-S4150, WV-X4571L(L/LM), WV-X4171, WV-X4170, WV-X8570N, WV-S8530N, WV-S2550L, WV-S2250L, WV-S1550 Regarding (B) cameras, the application do not support following Play Features. 1) Reverse Skip 2) Event Search
|Can we play back the recorded images on SD card of a Network Camera from two or more iOS devices simultaneously?||Only one device can play back the recorded images on SD card of a Network Camera at a time. When two or more iOS devices play back the recorded images on SD card of one Network Camera, the application will display the following message. “The other user is currently operating. Please try again later.”|
|What functional restrictions do v series cameras have?||The following V Series Cameras have some functional restrictions. V Series Camera: WV-V1170, WV-V1130 (LK/ L1), WV-V2530 (LK/ L1), WV-V6430L
- SD playback function is not supported.
- Resolution and Framerate of Live (MJPEG) cannot change.
|Can we register the maximum number of the network cameras and recorders?||Can register 50 of network camera and recorder.|
|Does the app have restrictions of the MP4 download function?||[ Restrictions of the MP4 file download function ] Regarding MP4 file download function, restrictions may occur depending on the aspect ratio and resolution of recorded video and iPhone / iPad devices.
1) You may not be able to download or playback MP4 files. - Aspect ratio and Resolution: 4:3: 3072x2304 and above, 1:1: 2192x2192 and above, 16:9: 3072x1728 and above
2) Older iPhone and iPad before iPhone 6 cannot play MP4 file ( H.265 compression method ).
|About the installation environment|
|What type of network environment is required?||Local Network (Router, Hub, Lan cable, Wi-Fi), Internet (Provider) and Public Mobile Network (3G / 4G / LTE) of environment is required. In addition, the router needs to be given a global IP address. We recommend using the dynamic DNS (DDNS) service for the recorder to obtain the domain name.|
|Is the connection available in a local network?||It is available. Establish a wireless LAN environment for the network in which the recorder has been installed. When registering the recorder on this application, use the IP address and the port number of the recorder for the "Recorder Address" settings on the "Recorder Setting" page.|
|Can we access the application both via the Internet and a local network?||That is possible by registering the recorder for the Internet and the local network on the "Recorder Setting" page of the application. Register the recorder two times by entering the DDNS address and the recorder IP address for the "Recorder Address" settings on the "Recorder Setting" page.|
|When the connection cannot be established|
|"Connection error. Please check device type." is displayed. In this case, what should we do?||Check the device type (Recorder/Camera/ Encoder) that you want to connect to on the "Device Registration" page.|
|"Connection error. Please check IP address and port number" is displayed. In this case, what should we do?||• Check the IP address and the port number for the Recorder/Camera/ Encoder on the "Device Registration" page.
• Check the HTTPS port number or HTTPS connection setting of the device, if SSL communication is set to "On" or "On(Video & Setting data)".
|"Connection error. Please check user name and password." is displayed. In this case, what should we do?||Check that the ID and the password entered for "User name" and "Password" on the "Device Registration" page is the same as what are set for the recorder.|
|"(Registered destination)" is not connected" is displayed. In this case, what should we do?||When using the application via the Internet, check the "Address" settings are the address and the port number obtained for the DDNS on the "Recorder Registration" page. When using the application in a local network, check the "Address" settings are the IP address and the port number of the recorder.|
|Recorded images cannot be played back.||- Playback is not available in the MJPEG or MPEG-4 format. - Check that "OFF" is not selected for "Search and playback" of "User level setting" for "Recorder User". When "OFF" is selected, playback is not available since the user does not have the privilege.
- In the case of WJ-NV200/WJ-ND400/WJ-NV300/WJ-HD616/WJ-HD716, please check whether the recording compression format is H.264.
- WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200 supports H.264 / H.265 recording compression format, but playback may not be possible by “playback setting” → “Mode” of this application.
- In case of normal playback / low load playback, you can playback only H.264 recording compression format, if you playback H.265 recording compression format, “Recording format is not H.264.” is displayed.
|Recorded images on SD card of Network Camera cannot be played back.||Please check the following. - Check that "H.264" has been selected for the compression method when storing the images on SD card of Network Camera. Playback is not available in the MJPEG format.
- Check whether other user play back recorded image on same SD card.
- Check your registered User name and Password of Network Camera on application Device Registration. If User ID and Password are administrator level, you cannot play back recorded images on SD card.
- Check SD card slot setting of network camera and SD card lock position. If you set “Not use” to SD card slot setting and move to lock position (Read Only), you cannot play back recorded images on SD card.
- In the case of i-PRO smartHD series network camera, please check that he recording data of the SD card is H.264 recording compression format.
- In the case of i-PRO EXTREME series network camera, please check that the recording data of the SD card is H.264 or H.265 recording compression format.
|Cannot playback stored images on WJ-NX400/WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200 by mobile playback.||1) Check whether the following extension licenses are registered on WJ-NX400.
- Camera expansion license.
- Secure expansion license.
2) Check whether the following extension licenses are registered on WJ-NX300/WJ-NX200.
- Secure expansion license.
|Live images cannot be displayed.||The following cases may have occurred. • The camera may have been disconnected from the network. Connect the camera to the network. • The power of the camera may have been shut down. Supply the power to the camera. • "Camera Directly" has been selected for "Camera Live Setting" on the application. Select "Through Recorder" for "Camera Live Setting" or configure the settings to use "Camera Directly". • Check the following Panasonic recorder firmware version. - WJ-NV200 (Version 1.50 or later) - WJ-NV300 (Version 1.03 or later) - WJ-ND400 (Version 3.40 or later)
- WJ-HD616/HD716 (Version 2.6 or later) - WJ-NX400 (Version 1.02 or later)
- WJ-NX300 (Version 1.00 or later) - WJ-NX200 (Version 1.02 or later) • Configure less than Full HD (1920 x1080) to JPEG image capture size of “Camera Live Setting”.
|"×" is displayed in the "Camera List".||The following cases may have occurred. • The camera may have been disconnected from the network. Connect the camera to the network. • The power of the camera may have been shut down. Supply the power to the camera. • "Camera Directly" has been selected for "Camera Live Setting" on the application. Select "Through Recorder" for "Camera Live Setting" or configure the settings to use "Camera Directly". • Check the following Panasonic recorder firmware version.
- WJ-NV200 (Version 1.50 or later) - WJ-NV300 (Version 1.03 or later)
- WJ-ND400 (Version 3.40 or later) - WJ-HD616/HD716 (Version 2.6 or later)
- WJ-NX400 (Version 1.02 or later) - WJ-NX300 (Version 1.00 or later) - WJ-NX200 (Version 1.02 or later)
|"Connection error. Please check HTTPS network conditions." is displayed. In this case, what should we do?||Please configure the "HTTPS port number" of the Recorder and the "Port Forwarding" of the broadband router.|
|The "Recording" button is tapped, but nothing happens. In this case, what should we do?||The recording function is available only when the manual recording function of the connected camera is enabled. Check that the manual recording function of the camera is enabled. • Check that your camera supports SD memory card recording. • Check that the SD memory card is inserted. • Check that the “SD memory card” of camera is "Use". • Check that the “Save trigger” of the camera is "Manual".|
Trademarks and registered trademarks
・Google and Android are trademark of Google LLC.
・Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
・All other trademarks identified herein are the property of their respective owners.